On Fri, 24 Jun 2005, Isaac Richards wrote:

On Friday 24 June 2005 10:27 am, Brian Foddy wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jun 2005, Mudit Wahal wrote:
Dave,

The HD recording is already in mpeg2. If you get a decent nvidia
graphics card with component output (gt6200, gt6600, gt6800), then
most of the hardware processing can be offloaded to the graphics card.

Is this correct?  I've been using 5200/5600 series cards for a couple
years using XvMC.  It works and helps some but I would hardly call
it offloaded.  Does the 6200 etc cards have more mpeg2 processing
in Linux than their predicessors?  And how is it activated?
With the XvMC lib/api or is there something new?

Nope, it's not correct.  Same amount of acceleration.

Isaac

Ok, thanks for the clarification.

Brian