Hi all,

I have a working MythTV 0.18.1 setup with FC3.  My TV card is a PV-350.  I
capture programs using 720x480 MPEG PS.  My question is this, it seems that the
NUV file format is not recognizable by a couple of the utiilities.   I want to
burn the programs onto a DVD.  I have nuvexport installed and it seems to
work... almost.  The problem is that when I specify the file to transcode, the
program says that the file cannot be opened.   I can the same error with
avidemux2, it cannot open the source file.

When I use the DVD burn script in the MythTV.org docs, using mkfifo, mpegdesc,
and dvdauthor, I can output the .nuv file to video and audio directories for
burning to DVD (although the audio directory is empty).  I have burned the
files to a DVD and they run on a Windows computer, but the DVD directory can't
be read by a DVD player (I know that I probably have to use growisofs or
mkisofs to reformat the files into the correct iso image to burn.

What can I look at to figure out why nuvexport and avidemux2 keep choking on
the NUV files?

Thanks,

-Jim McKay