Okay, I did that and now XvMC works with my Geforce4 MX 420.

I have a few slightly OT questions, though:
Is it normal for the OSD to be gray instead of the blue it is with XvMC disabled? Also, whenever I do a pause/play, ff/rewind, or commercial skip, the picture is jumpy for a few seconds then resumes normal playback. Is this an issue with my slightly older video card, or is this "normal" with XvMC?

Thank you.