James Pattinson wrote:

Thanks for the response. I made the change you requested, and rebooted the box but the issue is still there. I actually had to reboot for an unrelated reason - it's not my preferred troubleshooting method!

I've captured the full log where the recording is attempted, and it's about 100 lines so I have put it up here:

http://web.hisser.org/logs/myth-dvb-1.txt

Can't connect to that machine from my work place, server down?

Also try TS mode, that may help.

FWIW, I have upgraded to kernel 2.6.12, plus the somewhat latest sources of mythtv (v0.18.20050523-1), and I havn't have any zero byte recordings for close to two weeks now.

But then your problem may not be related to mine as my logs will have a "Timeout getting PMT" message. And the fact I'm using DVB-T.