Nick wrote:

On 6/29/05, Michael T. Dean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nick wrote:

On 6/28/05, Michael Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The problem was that the command modprobe ivtv was being executed after
mythbackend was started.  (hmm.. what a surprise)

I run the modprobes (2 cards) and start mythbackend from rc.local (you
could prob do it from rc.sysinit too).

Regardless of how many PVR-x50's you have, you should only do one
modprobe command:

modprobe ivtv

(unless you're using ivtv-0.1.9, where you have to modprobe each module
in the right order, but that's a whole different story).

Sorry for the unclear directions - I'm using 2 different cards
(PVR-350 and Nova-T) hence the multiple modprobes I mentioned. I
_tried_ to phrase it in a general manner in case the OP had different
cards, not add more confusion!
Ah, yes. That makes perfect sense. I misinterpreted it to mean you were manually inserting all the modules used by ivtv. Should have kept my mouth (e-mail program?) closed.

Mike