Larry Howe wrote:
I enjoyed the recent discussion about commercial hardware, although it seems to have diverged somewhat. Is there a good source of info on available commercial open source PVRs? I know I'm not going to have time to build my own. My basic requirements are that the box is microsoft-free and does not involve a subscription (I prefer to own things rather than rent them). Thanks for any leads.

We saw Xperinet at the CEDIA show last year. Looks like they took a snapshot of a release or CVS and preconfigure COTS hardware. We'll be taking a much closer look at them this coming CEDIA but they have had penetration in our market (custom install) as far as we and our reps/insiders know.

PlutoHome is making a go at a total convergence solution (A/V, security, telco, bluetooth cell-phone 'follow-me', etc.) I think 'sigtom' of this august list was trying out their system.

HTH