Hello,

Thing is that encoder 1 is set up properly and working fine, and encoder 2 is experimental, I don't mind if I lose all the rubbish I record on that, but the good things I use encoder 1.

Anyway, no it wasn't a typo. I told it to use channel 1004, but recorded channel 3 (i.e. ITV), even tho the "recording schedules" said channel 4 (i.e. encoder 1 channel 4)

The difference is not the channel--it's the recording rule. Because it's a record once, it records that particular showing. If it were a find once (or record always, etc.), it might record from the other encoder.

Actually, no. I only tried the "Find" rule to see if it solved the problem, but it didn't. Here you go...

T4:Hollyoaks    1004 - Channel 4        Default         Default         Once

1 T4:Hollyoaks 4 - Channel 4 Sun Jul 3, 2005 (10:20 AM) 2 hrs 35 mins Don't Record Never Record

Even with an "Once" recording rule, it still will record from Channel 4 not Channel 1004.

Aren't you getting it when it records on channel 4 (or was the 3 above not a typo)?

Like I said, no, wasn't a typo.

Setting up the different channels is not accomplishing anything. I recommend deleting the 10XX channels and reassigning the input on encoder 2 to the same as encoder 1.

Ok. How exactly can I do this? Encoder 2 is easy as it's an DVB card, but Encoder 1 is an PVR card recording from an external digtial STB...

Thanks very much for your help though

Cheers - Piers