Hi Daniel, I'll try your xine settings tonight. Last night, I tried to change mplayer settings in mythtv settings table. I created a matrix.iso file of Matrix Revolution. I placed the matrix.iso in /video/dvd. I went to mythvideo and saw a matrix yellow folder. :) However, when I clicked it, I saw a small rectangle with droplets on the left and some info on the right. IIRC, runtime was 0, year was a question mark, and so on. I clicked it again and saw the text "Loading ..." but it went away so quickly. It never got played. Any ideas what I am missing? Thanks, Neil

Daniel Segel writes:
My messages to the list keep getting bounced, so I'm sending this to you directly. This is what I use:
db: mythconverg
table: settings
UPDATE `settings` SET `data` = '/usr/bin/xine -pfhq -V xshm --no-splash
dvd:/%s' WHERE `value` = 'VideoDefaultPlayer' AND `hostname` = 'mythtv'
LIMIT 1 ; My mythtv box hostname is 'mythtv' in this case. Daniel Neil wrote:
Can you please tell me what table/field/parameter I should be modifying in sql in order for me to play .iso file via mplayer or xine? The reason I'm modifying it in the database is because, I don't have a keyboard in my mythbox. Also, can you guys please paste what parameters xine or mplayer should have in order to play .iso files?
Thanks in advance!
Neil