On Jul 11, 2005, at 8:35 AM, Noel Murphy wrote:

I have a weird issue where when I don't use the machine for awhile (say the whole weekend because I'm gone to the cottage) when I return, I have a Knotify message up on the screen telling me that the kernel has disabled IRQ #7 (Which I believe is the interrupt for the sound card). Then, when I try to watch any recordings or live tv, I get no sound.

A reboot always fixes the problem (until the following weekend when I go away again).

Anyone know why this is happening????

Is it possible your machine is going into a sleep state, and there is a problem with the wake up code? I'd check your bios settings for power save settings, and if they are on, try turning them off for one weekend.

-Michael