On Jul 12, 2005, at 5:33 PM, Nick Rout wrote:

create a script to do it, and incorporate the script into the menuing
system. This thread shows how to add something to a menu (in this case playing a cd via xmms)

Thanks for the pointer.

you will, however, of course EAT hard drive space!

Yup, I plan to eat lots of hard disk space. I think the trade off of having all the DVD features available at the push of button is worth it. I just really like the idea of placing the DVD as is on to the HDD and being able to put the case and disc into the closet never to be touched again. I know others disagree and hence why the DVD Rip option in MythTV is so popular today. Like I said before, this project idea isn't going to appeal to everyone.

--
Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
AIM: BlueCame1