As someone mentions later, it'd be best to pipe the stream through ssh compressed. And as Milos says, I think *streaming* over a dsl line would be pointless. Especially considering most US dsl customers have ADSL with much lower upstream bandwidth. It might be best to just setup a transcoding system so recorded shows automatically get transcoded to a smaller xvid/divx file that you grab over scp/rsync. I actually did this for daily show for nights that I couldn't watch it. It'd reencode at lower resolution and upload to my other machine, constantly keeping the last 5 days worth.

___

John

Prefer not to receive HTML mail? Click here.