Nick,

Thanks for the response, here is a copy of my channel change script:

#!/bin/sh
REMOTE_NAME=SkyDigital
for digit in $(echo $1 | sed -e 's/./& /g'); do
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME $digit
sleep 0.4 # note, you may have to tweak the interdigit delay up a bit
done
irsend --device=/dev/lircd1 SEND_ONCE $REMOTE_NAME Select
~

Any light you can shed on the problem would be great, I'm really stuck on this final problem

Cheers

Steve

On 7/21/05, Nick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/21/05, Stephen Roebuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having problems getting my IR blaster to work, I have followed the very
> good instructions at
> http://www.lircsetup.com/lirc/blaster/index.php to setup my
> mythtv box to control my SKY TV box (Thomson DSI4212).  I'm using FC3 and
> running mythtv18.1 on a pundit-r using a PVR250 (setup using Jarod's
> excellent guide).  I have everything else working including the the remote
> for mythtv but I can't get the IR blaster to change channel!  The red LED
> flashes when I try to change channel so I know it is on the correct COM port
> but I get this output:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~]# /usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh 120
> /usr/local/bin/change_chan.sh: line 8: /root: is a directory

Steve,

Do you want to post your channel change script - it should only have 7
lines if you're using the one from lircsetup.com.

Nick