On Jul 23, 2005, at 7:50 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

The obvious solution is to tell mythfilldatabase to limit itself to 10
or 11 days of listings so that there is always data available for the
short-schedule channels on the first attempt.

Other solutions would be to find a way to adjust the threshold
percentage at which a day's schedule is considered complete, or to find
a way to make a certain range of future dates mandatory updates (so
that the percentage of filled time slots is not considered beyond day
10, for example, meaning that days 2, 11, 12, 13 and 14 are all
downloaded every night).  Those probably require hacking the sources.

This is what I have had to recently do. mythfilldatabase was checking that there where at least 4 times as many programs starting after 6pm for a given source as there are channels. This is in programs/mythfilldatabase/filldata.cpp . After changing the code to require only twice as many programs starting after 10pm as there are channels, my problem was fixed. (My data was only missing for cable channels after 10pm).

If you search for "d 18" in that file, that is the sql line that gets the number of programs starting after 6pm (18:00), and about twelve lines down is a line that ends in "chancnt * 4", that decides if there are enough programs for that source. I ran the query manually against filled schedules, and broken schedules, to come up with the timespan and multiplier that fixed my issue.

I can't remember if someone already mentioned this, but the reason you always have two good days of data is that mythfilldatabase always refreshes the data for tomorrow, even if it is full, in case there had been scheduling changes.

-Michael