Thanks to all who replied; I have learned that my PVR-250 card cannot be detected or configured by any Linux distro, on 2 different PCs; at most, I got a "no TV tuner card found" message from MDK 9.1. The pcHDTV-2000 card is detected as a Bt878, but I was not able to configure it in RH9 (I think I am missing some necessary files). I have also tried Knoppmyth, R5A9, 12 and 16 auto install. Appears to work, but after I see "converting Knoppix to Debian", I see some kind of error messages flashing across the screen, followed by the box "Knoppmyth was successfully installed to hda1"; upon reboot, the screen halts at "pci device listing" and must be manually shut down. Since HDTV was my original purpose, I am going to keep plugging away with that until some minor miracle gets me through it. Thanks, again.