It still seems like mythtvsetup isn't setup properly, and I keep wanting to come back to it. I too had a similar problem with this because of how MythTVSetup works.

The tuner must first be setup in the Input settings
Second, your cable type must be setup in the Video Sources screen
Finally, you have to link the two settings together in the Input Settings.

In the input settings, you can select the input type (Cable, Antenna, DVB, etc) and then when you link the settings together in the Input Settings, you should select the same type.

If you aren't able to figure it out, I should be able to help you further when I get home from work... most of this is coming off the top of my head ATM.

More information can be found here regarding this.

http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html

You can also check your channel settings there. Let me know! Good luck!

-James
James D. Fryman
A+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GnuPG:   0x4222017D

Leif B. Kristensen wrote:
On Friday 29 July 2005 17:21, James Fryman wrote:

This error looks like your tuner may not have the channels setup

> 2005-07-29 16:41:00.897 Channel(/dev/v4l/video0): CheckChannel
> failed. Please verify channel "3" in the "setup" Channel Editor.

Try populating the database with Channel Information.

I have already done that. The documentation is not entirely clear on how to set the channel information, but I used ptune.pl to first dump a list of PAL europe-west channels, and then using it to set each and every channel and test them with mplayer /dev/video0. I arrived at this list, which works well with mplayer:

SE19    NRK 1
E8      NRK 2
E10     TV 2
SE11    TV Norge
E5      TV Budstikka (ABTV)
SE15    TV 3
SE16    TV 4
E7      SVT 1
E11     SVT 2
SE8     Discovery
SE7     Cartoon Network
SE17    Star / Showtime
SE10    Info
SE14    Disney Channel
SE20    BBC World
SE13    The Voice
SE18    Eurosport
SE9     Animal Planet

This is part of what mythfilldatabase has entered into mysql:

mysql> select chanid,channum,name,xmltvid from channel order by chanid;
+--------+---------+-------------------+------------------------+
| chanid | channum | name              | xmltvid                |
+--------+---------+-------------------+------------------------+
|      1 | SE19    | NRK 1             | 1.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      2 | E8      | NRK 2             | 2.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      3 | E10     | TV 2              | 3.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      4 | SE11    | TVNorge           | 5.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      6 | SE15    | TV 3              | 4.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      7 | SE16    | TV 4              | 37.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|      8 | E7      | SVT 1             | 6.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|      9 | E11     | SVT 2             | 7.fredag.dagbladet.no  |
|     10 | SE8     | Discovery Channel | 44.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|     11 | SE7     | Cartoon           | 41.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|     14 | SE14    | Disney            | 67.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|     15 | SE20    | BBC World         | 38.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|     17 | SE18    | Eurosport         | 15.fredag.dagbladet.no |
|     18 | SE9     | Animal Planet     | 10.fredag.dagbladet.no |
+--------+---------+-------------------+------------------------+
14 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Now, is there something wrong here?

WAF was low until I got my box up as well. It'll be worth it once you
get it going.

Nice to hear :)

I can of course get away with one shell script for each channel, like this:

#! /bin/bash
# BBC World

ptune.pl SE20
mplayer -fs /dev/video0

but I figure that Myth will get a better WAF rating.