On Mon, 1 Aug 2005, Monkey Pet wrote:

I started on a project to develop a plugin that will do the simple
task of burning shows to a DVD readable by any dvd player.  However,
this will probably not be as advanced as nuvexport, mythburn, or
anything else out there.  My goal is to make it integrated into myth
as a plugin, easy to use and install so that wifey can use it.  I also
want to get it done before my box runs out of disk space, hopefully, 2
weeks.  Any inputs welcomed.

I realize that it's a bit premature, but might I suggest two types of DVD burning: One that actually authors a standards-compliant DVD (difficult), and one that simply exports the .nuv and an .sql stub file onto a DVD that's easily played from within mythtv (easier). I generally use nuvexport in that mode (NUV/SQL) to export/import recorded shows when I'm out of disk space. Don't lose anything in the database that way.

Just a though...
-Cory