I can tell the difference between an SVideo cable and composite.

I didn't mean to be condescending... just that the 2. point didn't seem to make sense.

The pins are not bent at either end of the SVideo cable.

OK... I just threw that out there because lots of folks have been screwed by it.

Am I correct in thinking that the PVR-350 outputs both Composite and SVideo
at the same time (on their respective output plugs) and that there are no
settings (modprobe etc) which need to be correct for both to work?

I know nothing about the particulars of the pvr-350. I'll defer to less ignorant folks on this.

-Cory