Michael T. Dean wrote:

Roman Romaniuk wrote:

I have a fairly large DVD collection, but nowhere near sufficient disk space to be able to host all of it on my backend server. Is there any way to maintain the DVD listing within mythdvd, but have a note pop up requesting that the user insert the appropriate DVD (and possibly noting the DVD's location) into the drive when it is selected for play?

As of now, there's nothing within Myth to handle it. However, it's not too difficult to "fake it"...

Forgot--some people use spaces in their filenames. Updated prompt_for_media properly parses DVD name even when it includes spaces. I guess that just means you shouldn't write code--even what seems like simple code--at 3:00 in the morning...

Mike
#!/bin/bash

MEDIA_TYPE=$1
FILE_NAME=$2

# Find the name of the disc
case "${MEDIA_TYPE}" in
  DVD)
    DISC_NAME=`basename "$FILE_NAME" .dvd`
    ;;
  CD)
    DISC_NAME=`basename "$FILE_NAME" .cd`
    ;;
  VCD)
    DISC_NAME=`basename "$FILE_NAME" .vcd`
    ;;
esac

# Prompt the user to insert the disc
xterm -bg NavyBlue -fg White +sb -fs 18 -geometry 40x6 \
      -e prompt "Please insert ${MEDIA_TYPE}:" "${DISC_NAME}"

# Play the disc
case "${MEDIA_TYPE}" in
  DVD)
    xine --no-splash --auto-play=fhq --auto-scan dvd
    ;;
  CD)
    xine --no-splash --auto-play=fhq /mnt/cd
    ;;
  VCD)
    xine --no-splash --auto-play=fhq --auto-scan vcd
    ;;
esac

movemouse