I'm currently using the "other" tv_grab_au script. The xmltv ids are
in the format "freesd.Sydney.7.d1.com.au" instead of
"sydney.seven.com.au" .... which format is "better"? is there a
standard way of constructing xmltv ids?? please discuss  ..

There's a RFC somewhere that suggests using the internet domain-style naming system to uniquely identify tv channels irrespective of which program listing site you use to download the information from. People seem to doing this in the other tv_grab scripts, so I thought it would be a good idea. You can, of course, edit the config file and change them back to whatever you are currently using...

Michael.