On Mon, 2005-08-08 at 00:16 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Jesse D. Guardiani wrote:
>
> >It took me literally a week of my off time, but I've finally got
> >most of the components of mythtv running to my satisfaction:
> >Home made IR Blaster, PVR 350, 250G disk array over NFS, updated
> >knoppmyth ivtv drivers to 0.3.7b so I can watch DVDs on the 350's
> >TV out, etc...
> >
> >LiveTV and playback are working great, but commercial detection
> >and closed captioning don't work at all.
> >
> >Anyone encountered this before? Is it an ivtv driver issue, or
> >a mythtv issue?
> >

> "Doesn't work" isn't very descriptive.  What does it do?  What doesn't
> it do?

Sigh. Yeah, ok. If you really want the play-by-play:

1.) I start watching livetv (or a recording).
2.) I bring up the menu
3.) I moved down to the closed captioning line
4.) I click my OK button on my hauppauge remote over the "toggle cc"
    option.
5.) It doesn't work. Nothing changes. No closed captioning.

> The only way "doesn't work" could allow someone to respond with a
> sensible answer without guessing is if the functionality is not
> supported in Myth.
>
> Oh, BTW, closed-captioning is not supported with PVR-x50's in Myth. :)

Gee, I guess you didn't need the play-by-play after all. :(

Asinine comments aside, how come closed-captioning isn't supported on
the PVR-x50's? Is it a driver issue (in other words, is the ivtv driver
incapable of processing closed captioning), or is it just that mythtv
needs some work to integrate with closed captioning support in the ivtv
driver?

Also, what about commercial detection? Is that supposed to work with
PVR-x50's, or not? If it is, then I'd love to figure out what I need
to change to make it work on my system.

Thanks.

--
Jesse Guardiani