<snip>

Try turning off GLX. Comment out the "Load GLX" line in the modules section. It worked for me on my debian system. I never figured out why, but its worth a shot. I don't have a composite out on my card, so I don't know if your problem is the same. I was finding that whenever I tried to use the SVideo out, X would crash with a signal 11 until I disabled the GLX module.

Let me know if it works. It would be nice to know that somebody else on earth was having the same problem as me.

Mark

For the record, you are not the only one having this problem. I am having the same issue right now. To get X to work I commented out the "Load glx" line, but now znes doesn't work. It all happened after a glibc update. I'm running gentoo. PITA but...