I'm trying to use some old laptops (~500 mhz), so upgrading the gpu isn't exactly in the cards.  I'll try the Recording Groups; that sounds like it might fit the bill.

Thanks,

-- Todd

Erik Pettersen wrote:
how old exactly are these front ends i.e. what spec?  With a decent
video card and Xvmc I've been surprised at what systems have been
reported to playback hdtv streams

YMMV,

e.