Ernie Lim wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:mythtv-users-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Erik Pettersen
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 11:08 PM
To: Discussion about mythtv
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Happauge PVR-500 Linux Support Feedback

That's where this additional backplane/header comes in

http://registration.hauppauge.com/webstore/hardware1.asp#av_cable

The extra header was included in my pvr500.

The extra header came with mine too.  I ordered it from newegg just 2 weeks ago.

The only thing the 2x150 solution offers (ignoring the IR blaster issue.) that the 500 can't is receiving two different RF feeds.  eg: analog cable on one, terrestrial antennae on the other.  But this is not your need if you are talking about cable boxes.  You will certainly want to use the extra header for the S-Video input.  (If you are limited by a SFF design, you can Dremel the guts of the header into your case.)
--

	Thank you for your time,
	--==<< R i c h a r d   B r o n o s k y >>==--

Nearly all viruses and spyware are designed to use Microsoft internet products.  Protect yourself by avoiding Internet Explorer & Outlook/Outlook Express.