At 12:52 PM 8/22/2005, Mark Gordon wrote:
> From what I have gathered Zap2it provides all the tv listings for the
>US users of MythTV?

Not all of them. I have DirecTV and they don't provide the PPV listings for us (even though they have them) because DTV has asked them not to. That's not a complaint, just a clarification.

>Is there is no cost of this service?

The only cost is a survey that you have to take every three months. I think it's a pretty good trade-off for the amount of information we get in return.

>I have heard that Zap2it includes some kind of advertising with the
>data, is this true and if so is it obtrusive in anyway?

That might be the survey. If they include any advertising it's so unobtrusive that I have never seen it.

--
Mickey Chandler
Chief Operating Whizard