On 8/23/05, Marty Ravell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've just upgraded to ivtv 0.3.7h in an attempt to get MythGame going but
> seem to be having some problems.
>
> XMame is installed and I can launch it from the command line (output is on X
> using the framebuffer of my PVR-350). Seems to run fine although the window
> size is small (I'm sure there is a setting somewhere I can tweak). It gets
> about 37 fps depending upon the game.
>
> I've gone through the "Utilities/Setup -> Setup -> Media Settings -> Game
> Settings" and entered in all the appropriate paths.
>
> When I go to "Media Library -> Play Games" I can see the games that I have
> in the ROMS directory (these are all zip files and I am assuming that I do
> not need to unzip them).
>
> When I try to select an actual game to play I get a brief flash of a blue
> Myth 'dialog box' (sometimes with the text 'Loading Game' briefly visible
> but NO game starts.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> Regards
> Marty

Try running myth from a terminal window and then you can see the
arguments that mygame is using to run xmame. You can then run Xmame
from a command line with the same arguments to see if it loads.  If it
doesn't then try changing the arguments until it does.  In my case I
had to get rid of the '-joytype 4' option. You might also need to add
the argument -noperfect-yuv to the command to get it working properly
in full screen mode with the PVR-350.

I'm also using ivtv 0.3.7h and about half of my games work fine.  The
other half will launch fine in a small window but segfault when I try
and run them full screen.  I haven't investigated this too much but
I'm guessing it might have something to do with the newness of XV
support on the 350.

Chris