Michael T. Dean wrote:

Jesse Guardiani wrote:

 On 8/23/05, Mark Gardner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Can anyone comment on the quality comparison between the two
> abovementioned chipsets?

 My FX5200 is terrible compared to my PVR 350. No contest. Maybe these
 people either:

 1.) Have terrible TVs 2.) Use the DVI output on the FX5200?

3.) Took the time to *learn* how to properly configure their NVIDIA cards for TV out

Mike

No, that's not the complete problem. I have properly setup my modeline(s) to eliminate the scaling that it would normally do if you have a improperly formatted NTSC modeline.

The problem is that the quality of TV encoders used on Nvidia designs (and clones) various greatly. Some encoders are external to the Nvidia GPU (Phillips and others) some are integrated into the Nvidia GPU. For me, the output of the signal is washed out. No adjustment of XV controls completely corrects the image.

Some cards are better. From casual reading, it appears board with external encoders are better than Nvidia's newer internal designs.

# Endaf