S. Martinez wrote:

Ok, I am at my wits end here. I appreciate the response. I tried to figure out how to drop the database, and had no luck. I then went as far as uninstalling mythtv and mysql, then re-install both and start over. I am getting the same problem when I run mythtvsetup.

You've probably got the same database files. Although you uninstalled MySQL, its data files--the database itself--probably were not (at least, should not have been) deleted.

My whole desktop gets huge and I can't see any of the selections in mythtv. If I logout and log back in to my X session, everything returns to normal. By the way, I am following the instructions for setting up mythtv from Jarod Wilson (the Fedora Myth How-to guy)'s website.

Also, there is a correction to my first post, I messed up while going through the settings from the mythtv frontend settings, not mythtvsetup.

Instead of just deleting the database (or its contents), you might as well just modify it.

Log in to mysql with:

$ mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg
(type in the mythtv user's password--probably mythtv)
mysql> UPDATE settings SET data = 624 WHERE value = 'GuiWidth';
mysql> UPDATE settings SET data = 472 WHERE value = 'GuiHeight';

That will make the GUI a little smaller than 640x480, so it should display on whatever screen you're using. Then, use the settings in mythfrontend to make it the right size. Make sure you know what your screen size is and start smaller and work your way up until it fills the screen without.

Mike

Todd Bailey wrote:

Yes it's easy to do something wrong with out detecting it and wham !!! you are hosed.
No rant just fact.

any way to avoid a reinstall of myth, the easiest way to reset is to drop the database and recreate it. basically you'll be removing all the settings so you'll be starting over and have repeat a myth-setup and filldb

hth

----- Original Message ----- From: "S. Martinez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>