I don't like the look of it either, but it's the
built-in screen that I don't like.

I see it as a distraction, especially if you're
watching a movie (or TV) with the lights dimmed/off.

But then again, I prefer the minimalist look, I have a
SilverStone LC10, no VFD.  Just a plain looking case.

-- Joe