Actually, its mostly the screen that I like... I dream of being able to check the weather and start MythMusic without turning on my TV. It'd be cool to have it display pictures from the photo library when it was idle too. Also, the screen can be turned off - and it probably wouldn't be too difficult to do that in software as well -- such as when starting a movie.

It's pretty big, but I'm looking for an upgrade from my current Pundit setup anyway. Need more HDs... and tuners...  ;-)

On 8/28/05, Joe Votour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't like the look of it either, but it's the
> built-in screen that I don't like.
>
> I see it as a distraction, especially if you're
> watching a movie (or TV) with the lights dimmed/off.

Totally agreed. While the gimmick factor is high, after the lights go
out you'll want it off PDQ.

> But then again, I prefer the minimalist look, I have a
> SilverStone LC10, no VFD. Just a plain looking case.

I'd like to see quality cases with well thought-out thermal zoning and
heatsinking, dimmed LEDs, suitably located storage bays, and including
the small extras that show the manufacturer is going the extra mile.

Nick