Nigel Metheringham wrote:
On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 00:40 +0200, Michael Vistein wrote:

Nigel Metheringham schrieb:

   title Power Down
	savedefault --default=2
	halt

but on power up it sticks on the 0 entry (the power down).

I didn't succeed with this, too, grub simply didn't save the new default.

But I found a way that works:

in my menu.lst I have

default 1

so my linux kernel is the default boot option. In my mythshutdown script
I have

echo "savedefault --default=0 --once" | grub --batch

This sets the PowerOff (0) item only for the next boot. Any following
booting will again have the default from menu.lst. It works for me.

Thats odd - the commands I use to implement this are quite different.

I'm running a Gentoo installation and I have grub 0.96-r2 installed. In my grub.conf I have :

  default saved

  title PowerOff
  savedefault 0
  halt

Then my mythshutdown script is :

  grub-set-default 1
  reboot

Works for me. When I was setting it up, I tried using the format you're describing, but I couldn't get it to work

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this e-mail from your computer system(s). Please direct any additional queries to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank You.