Yes, it is possible, if you have the right remote.

I don't know how to do it through JP1, but with an
OneForAll remote control (such as the URC-6131 that I
have), you can actually map the buttons from one mode
to another.

So, as an example of how I'd do it:
1. Setup my TV button to work with my TV.
2. Setup my PVR button (I actually used the remote's
built-in functionality to make my PVR button a second
VCR button, since the Hauppauge RC-5 uses a VCR code).
3. You would then use the function of the remote (I
think they call it "Keymover", but I don't remember
right now) to copy the TV definition of VOL+/- and
POWER to the same buttons in PVR mode.
This can all be accomplished without a JP1 cable.

If you choose to go the JP1 route, you can do a
similar thing, I'm sure, but I've never used JP1, so I
can't explain how to do it.  My understanding of JP1
is that it acts at a much lower level, actually
specifying the pulses, so you can program every button
to any IR signal you wanted, including that of an IR
keyboard.

-- Joe

http://jason.sharonandjason.com/remote_mini_how_to.htm
> >  Good luck...
> >

> >  On 8/28/05, Joe Votour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > If you can get RC-5 working, then you can use
> the
> > > receiver that came with your PVR-150. No extra
> > > expense there. In order to get the extra buttons
> > > work, you might need a different remote though.
> (But,
> > > remotes can be cheap - the URC-6131 that I use
> is only
> > > $20.)
> > >
> > > It sounds like it's a problem with your receiver
> -
> > > either the receiver is broken, or lirc isn't
> working
> > > with it.
> > >
> > > By the way, if you want all of the buttons on
> your
> > > remove to work, you either need to:
> > > 1. Find a mode where all of the buttons send IR
> > > signals, and use that with your irman-like
> device
> > > (because it won't work with the PVR-150
> receiver), or
> > > 2. Get a remote that supports key programming
> (like an
> > > OneForAll remote, or something JP1 compatible)
> and
> > > program the buttons that don't send IR codes to
> send
> > > them.
> > >
> > > Also, just so you know, the way I setup my irman
> with
> > > my universal remote (using RC-5) was to create a
> > > config file with the irman tools, and then use a
> > > script (I think it was included with lirc) to
> convert
> > > the irman config file to a lirc config file.
> I've
> > > never had much luck with irrecord.
> > >
> > > -- Joe
> > >
> > > --- Michael Tiller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>