Andrew Meredith wrote:

However, if I go to LiveTV I am limited to the channels on the card that I get given for that LiveTV session. ie if I land on a card in machine 1, I cannot change to any Sky channels. If I land on the card in machine 2, I cannot change to the 5 terrestrial channels.

If I use the up and down arrows to browse, it will only browse through other channels on that card, jumping over the ones it doesn't have. If I select from the LiveTV based listings screen, it simply ignores the selection unless it is another of that card's channels.
Am I missing something,

SVN

or is this a systemic problem.

The ability to automatically switch cards based on desired channel will be part of 0.19. :) For now, use Y to switch capture cards.

Mike