I've been playing around with the different recording profiles in order to
see if I can get a better picture in my recordings.

It seems as though the three profiles created by the Myth installation are
all set to 480 x 480. When I tried setting the High Quality one to PAL (768
x 576) Myth just fails at recording (when I use that particular profile).

The rig is an Intel board with a P4 and PVR-350 with FC3 setup to Jarod's
guide. I'm doing X over the TV-out but at present am using the hardware
decoder rather than the new drivers (as I haven't worked out how to get
these running properly with the newer x-driver)

Are there recommended settings for the different profiles? The 480 x 480
setting gets me about 2Gig an hour which is manageable. Am willing to
experiment with bigger file sizes if the quality is better.

Any thoughts?

Regards
Marty