On 8/26/05, Greg Grotsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Has anyone had this issue, or know how to fix it?  It's definetly a
problem in mythmusic because I can build and install mythplugins
without mythmusic and the frontend loads very quickly, if I build and
install it with mythmusic, then it pauses for 20 seconds just before
spitting out the line "Registering MythMusic Media Handler as a media
handler".

I had problems with cdrecord --scanbus on my system, took a good 15 seconds to complete, I think mythmusic uses this on startup.

Try running 'cdrecord --scanbus' from the console to see how long it takes.

Paul