FYI The NETGEAR WG311T seems to do fine with the madwifi driver, or at
least the one I just got from best buy seems okay.  I've only tested the
802.11 b functions.  (In my application I can't use the thick allnet
card.)

Of course newegg shows two box pictures.  I have the one where the metal
box is thin and only takes up the left half.  If you get one it wouldn't
hurt to get it from somewhere that allows returns in the event that it
doesn't arrive with the chipset you thought it would arrive with.

Also note my testing is from 10 feet away and I've only checked basic
WEP, dhcp, and a few web pages so far..

Personally, based on what I know, if the thicker card isn't a problem,
and for almost everyone it won't be, the allnet might be a better
choice.  Do note that the prism54 drivers most everyone use require a
hard mac card like that one.  Many of the new cards are so called soft
mac versions where it simply doesn't work, although there is work on a
new version here.

http://jbnote.free.fr/prism54usb/index.html

I tried an SMC card that turns out to requires the softmac driver, and I
got the card to come up and go into master mode but pinging didn't work.
In short, that doesn't seem ready for production use at this time..

Linux wireless, especially in finding cards that support Master mode can
be an adventure..   Of course if you don't need master mode, you can
possibly use the ndiswrapper to use windows drivers.  I never
investigated that since it didn't help with what I needed to get
working..

-Robert