On 9/5/05, Moasat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My auto transcoding has been failing more often than not for the past few
months.  As I've been swapping my master and slave backends (and
reinstalling Linux on the slave-now-master), I assumed it was some setting
or another that I overlooked.  I've gone back through them all to make sure
everything is set the way I think they should be set but it is still failing
at least half of the time.

What bugs me is that there's no indication as to why it failed.

I tried the manual version on the command line of a recording that
previously failed and it finished ok so there was no indication as to why
the autotranscode failed.

Is there a command-line switch or something I can use to get more
information as to why the auto transcode is failing?

You could try setting your debug level in the backend to verbose (-v) and if that doesn't give you any clues, try -v all.