I think I understand that I need to extend the LV next then adjust the size of the LV.

Since this is a JFS filesystem is the command to extend it correct? "# mount -o remount,resize /video" /video being the mount point for the VG.

Thanks,

On 9/7/05, Jason Werpy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/7/05, AJ Hettema <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi,
>
> you have to make a PV first, then extend the VG with that PV, and after that
> extend the LV. So the first 2 steps are in place, but before you can resize
> the filesystem you first have to resize the PV.
>
> grtz
>
> AJ
>

> On 9/7/05, A JM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >

> > So have I messed up by extending the VG instead of extending the LV or do
> I need to do both?
> >
> > If I read the "How to" correctly I need to add the PV to the VG first?
> >
> >           pvcreate /dev/hdd1
> >
> > then extend the VG
> >
> >            vgextend VolGroup01 /dev/hdd1
> >
> > then extend the LV?
> >
> >           mount -o remount,resize /video
> >
> > Thanks,

> like?
> > > >

> > > *PLEASE* read the HOWTO.  It really does contain everything you need to
> know.
> > >
> > > And no, you never mount the physical drives; only the logical volumes.

Don't you mean extent the LV?  I think he's done everything right, but
just missed the lvextend step after the vgextend step.