Neil Bird wrote:

Around about 06/09/05 17:52, Craig Tinson typed ...

Hope you can help - the program you attached doesn't compile under FC4.. with the following: digibox.c:46: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function âexitâ

For a start, they're just warnings, so it should have actually given you an exe. at the and. Put the exit() calls back, and try replacing the first (don't nkow how I ended up with 2) 'unistd.h' #include with 'stdlib.h'.

Failing that, do 'man 2 exit' and see what it says you need to include for exit().

hey - thanks for that.. replacing the includes fixed the errors and it all compiles fine

*but* it segfaults when you try to run in.. am presuming this problem has something to do with this being FC4 instead of FC3 but I'm not a c++ programmer so wouldn't know..

any ideas on how I can debug this problem?

thanks for your help

Craig