On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 14:35 -0700, Blake wrote:

> Not to sound dense, but what is the distinction being made here? What is
> "tv-out" versus "digital"? (I would've thought anything that connected
>  from the PC to the TV was TV-OUT.)

TV-Out in the sense that we are using here is an analog tv signal
delivered over composite, svideo or component out.  The video card is
responsible for sending the signal to drive the TV to draw the picture.

Digital is just that.  A digitization of each frame sent over a digital
link like DVI, or HDMI (my knowledge of digital is very low so these
could be wrong at a the least is an incomplete list) for the TV to
display.

b.

Brian J. Murrell