I want to use the onboard sound on my motherboard and have since removed my SoundBlaster card from my box. Now I have no sound, even after removing the lines in my modprob.conf that referred to my SB card. How do I get this thing fixed?

I'm running FC3, it detects the card but I get the following error -

"artsmessage, Error while initializing the sound driver:

device: default can't be opened for playback (no such file or directory)

The sound server will continue, using the null output device"

I get so frustrated with simple hardware changes the OS can't figure out...

Help please if you can.