Kerry Baker wrote:

This seems to be a common problem but I haven't managed to find a solution that works for me.
Playback is too fast and talking sounds like chipmunks.
It occurs when watching live tv causing an added problem of stuttering as it appears to outrun the recording buffer and I get "prebuffering pause" errors in the mythfrontend log.
It also happens with recordings but without stuttering.
The recording itself is okay as I can play it very nicely using Xine (with "-V xxmc" option for hardware decoding).
You're playing back a recording with 32KHz audio on a "software" soundcard that accepts 48KHz input. Fix your sound card configuration so that the ALSA drivers convert your 32KHz audio to 48KHz input for your sound card. See: http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo#head-b318f22131b4a59eef5f28edfac9160204e13719

Mike