While I'm sure there are some die hard folks out there who prefer all
things analog, a DVI ->HDMI cable is probably "best" IMHO. Assuming
that connection on your TV isn't already taken up by somethign else,
of course.  Of course the VGA input is probably the "easiest".  I'm a
little confused though, is your TV not widescreen or is it just that
the VGA input on the TV doesn't accept anything higher than 1024x768?

There's no such thing as a native PC video card with HDMI output
(yet?).  There'd need to be some sort of marriage between the video
card and audio folks / Specs to make this happen if I understand
correctly.  DVI just carries video, HDMI carries both audio and video.

*shrug* At least I'm pretty sure the above is correct ;)  YMMV

E.
--
http://www.byopvr.com -- Build Your Own PVR