Hi,

I'm trying to export some DVB MPEG2 recordings with nuvexport to DivX or
Xvid.

Previously I was running nuvexport from a few months back.
nuvexport --ffmpeg says ffmpeg ended immediately, but --transcode
worked. Except when I gave it an 80 minute recording it said there were
1.3 million frames (about 900 minutes worth), then proceeded to process
3 million frames over the next 24 hours (at 100% CPU) until I killed it.

Now I've updated to the latest nuvexport-latest.tar.bz2, plus the latest
transcode, mplayer etc. I'm running Debian and using the Marrilat debs
for mplayer.

nuvexport --transcode now dies when running transcode. It warns that -V
is no longer supported, which nuvexport is using.

nuvexport --ffmpeg still dies immediately with a floating point
exception somewhere.

Also, it's having trouble with the aspect ratio of my 16:9 files. When I
run it just as "nuvexport", I get to pick a show, which then dumps out
some perl warnings:

/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm line 290, <STDIN> line 2.
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm line 290, <STDIN> line 2.
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm line 290, <STDIN> line 2.
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/nuv_export/ui.pm line 290, <STDIN> line 2.

Then I pick an episode and continue:

Where would you like to export the files to? [.]
Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes]
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [Yes]
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes]
Crop broadcast overscan (2% border)? [Yes]
Audio bitrate? [128]
Variable bitrate video? [No]
Video bitrate? [960]
Use of uninitialized value in print at
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/export/generic.pm line 163, <STDIN> line 11.
Default resolution based on  aspect ratio.
Width? [624]
Use of uninitialized value in division (/) at
/usr/local/share/nuvexport/export/generic.pm line 183, <STDIN> line 12.
Illegal division by zero at /usr/local/share/nuvexport/export/generic.pm line
183, <STDIN> line 12.

If I use --width=720 --height=576 I get a bit further though I get
plenty of perl warnings still.

Hamish
--
Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>