Are you sure it locks up. I believe it will leave the
alpha value set so that you don't see any X-windows
stuff until the alpha is restored but it shouldn't
lock up.
Restoring the alpha is trivial by adding

ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0 -alpha 255

to the end of the script.

John

--- Timothy McFadden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>