On Sep 15, 2005, at 06:00, Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Thu, 2005-09-15 at 03:05, Jarod Wilson wrote:

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 12:56, Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 15:40, Tim Hamer wrote:

i never could get the ivtv for my 150s working from atrpms, but
compiling from source was easy and worked great.

So which version from sourceforge (or is there a better source for ivtv)
should be used to support a PVR-500 and PVR-350?

And has anyone else managed to get a PVR-500 running using the packages
in ATRPMS?

Yes. Mine's running just peachy in an FC4 box I just rebuilt last week. I'm
using one of the very recent 0.3.x builds.

Jarod!  Used your guide for the first box I built and am using it for
this new box as well.

:-)

Should I be able to run the dd type tests against the PVR-500 encoders?

Dunno. What dd tests? I usually just cat off my 500 to files to check working video.

I have what appears to be the latest ATRPMS ivtv drivers  0.3.7k.

Just double-checked, that's what I'm running as well.

Works
just fine with the PVR-350 but the tests do not work with the PVR-500.

Would it be possible to post your modprobe.conf file?

Its already posted. I followed my own docs while setting everything up. :-)

Trying to
eliminate silly configuration mistakes.  This time around the PVR-350
came up with no problems, just can not get anything on the PVR-500
inputs.

The PVR-500 should be video1 and video2 in this box.

My modprobe.conf file:
[...]
# ivtv modules setup
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv
alias tuner tuner-ivtv
alias msp3400 msp3400-ivtv
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; /sbin/modprobe
ivtv-fb

I have exactly the same relevant portions as you, as well as the same driver version, so I dunno what's up with yours not working. I don't have a 350 in the same box, but have had it in there in the past without any ill effects...

--
Jarod Wilson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]