On Fri, 2005-09-16 at 10:47, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> On 9/16/05, Kevin Kuphal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Scot L. Harris wrote:
> >
> > >I suspect mythgallery requires nfs mount of the picture directory.
> > >

> > To answer this question, mythgallery (which runs with mythfrontend)
> > needs access to the picture directory via NFS or SAMBA or whatever other
> > means you have to mount the disk.
> >
> > Kevin
>

> The same is true for MythMusic and MythVideo. Recordings are streamed
> using a built-in protocol, but content from outside of Myth needs to
> be mounted on an NFS share (or Samba).

Thank you for clarifying this.  I don't use MythMusic or MythVideo at
this time.  I do use mythgallery so will need to setup NFS for that.

I am also considering setting up NFS for the recordings directory since
I have a TB of space on the master backend system.

As I understand this now the NFS for recordings is not required but
allows one to keep all the recordings on one system.