On 17-Sep-05, at 17:21, Nick wrote:

Make sure you are using the latest ATI fglrx driver (or at least >=
8.12). It could be the TV-out bug in older drivers (definitely present
in PAL-land, but maybe NTSC too). There was a bug whereby the PLL
values were incorrect, giving a completely useless TV-Out picture.
There was a binary patch for some of the drivers available which fixed
it, but the newer drivers seem to be fine.

It might be something else altogether, but I had huge problems with
this over Christmas 2004 (using a Radeon 9100 IGP) and it wasn't
resolved by ATI until about April IIRC. I now run 800x600 (although in
PAL) with no problems.

Thanks NIck,

I guess it's time to find the right driver on the ATI website again ;)

It at least seems to produce an NTSC output, the old 7000 only wanted to produce PAL regardless of what I tried.

Michael