hi all – I now have a stable dvb-t myth setup running on an up-to-date
fedora core system, using the hauppage nova-t. only major problem thus
far is:

watching certain UK channels, the frontend crashes when the commercial
break begins – happens both with recordings and livetv. channels
identified so far are channel4, e4/e4+1 and  abc1.

I suspect the reason is that these channels broadcast in a variety of
aspect ratios, and switch over at the start  of the adverts, causing a
break in the signal of some kind – i.e. main broadcast  is in 16:9,
channel ident may be in low-res 4:3, followed by ad in 16:9. this
often causes a broken keyframe (?) which the system struggles to
recover from, manifesting itself in a green frame, a period of
scrambled or non-existent audio, and quite often, the complete and
sudden death of the frontend. rest of the programme and other channels
are fine.

anyone else seeing  this behaviour or anything similar? let me know if
there's any debug info that'd  help…