Mickey Chandler wrote:
At 02:46 PM 9/21/2005, Erik Pettersen wrote:
>I know this will probably get me boo'd  off the list... but are you
>sure your stability problems stem from the software/OS?  Although I
>think you'll find knoppmyth/MythTV to be very cool, but if you're
>issue is really ends up to be heat related, or power related, or
>something of that ilk... the symptom *may* follow you to linux/mythtv.

Not only that but it will get worse as time goes on. If it's heat related the cost to fix it won't top $50 in most cases, and even getting a new huge power supply won't likely run you more than $150.

I'm sure its software related. I should have been more specific. Autologin stopped working, then I started to get bad memory leaks and have to kill processes in order for the system to be responsive again. Most of the time it happens when I'm at work so the machine just gets rebooted... joy. Almost all of the time I can't play videos in Meedio or Beyond Media other than recorded TV shows. If I want to watch a divx rip for example, I have to vnc in and load up vlc or what ever. Real pain

And I'm using a PVR-250, I should have mentioned that before as well.