Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and am considering trying to get mythtv working but want to clear a couple of questions up before going any further.

I have comcast cable, extended basic cable. To my knowledge it is not digital but I DO have a cablebox. From what I've been reading I will need to hook up the cable to my tuner card after it goes through the cablebox (so it is decoded).
I want to be able to watch tv while recording a different channel. From what I've read I am pretty sure this means I need two tuner cards which will both need to have the cable coming from a cablebox. My question is if I just split the cable from the cablebox, is there any way to record something and simultaneously watch a different channel or do I have to have two cable boxes for this?

Thanks,
Paul